Dr. Steven B. McAlpine
Dr. Steven B. McAlpine was born in Michigan and has resided in the Atlanta area since 1998. He attended Michigan State University and completed a B.S. in Physiology in 1977. Dr. McAlpine was then a member of the US Army Medical Corps from 1978 to 1991, during which he completed his general internship at Tripler Army Medical Center in 1982. Dr. McAlpine then served as a US Army Flight Surgeon at Ft. Rucker in Alabama and followed that with his Emergency Medicine residency at Madigan Army Medical Center in Ft. Lewis, Washington. Dr. McAlpine completed his Emergency Medicine Board Certification in 1986 and was an Emergency Medicine Staff Physician at Lee Memorial Hospital in Ft. Myers, Florida.
In 1986, Dr. McAlpine established and served as medical director for the Gulf Coast Emergency Physicians group, the first all Emergency Residency trained and Board Certified group of emergency physicians on the Florida Gulf Coast.
In 1993, Dr. McAlpine joined national Emergency Medicine company EmCare as a Regional Medical Director, where he was responsible for over 325,000 annual visits.
- Physician’s Practice Enhancement, Inc, 1998-2001
- Attending Physician, EmergiNet, Atlanta, Georgia 2002
- TeamHealth, Inc. Regional Medical Director, December 2002-present.
- Auburn University/Southern Medical Association; Formal Certificate Program in Business Administration 2005-2006
- Physician Member TeamHealth Business Development Team; set all time National sales record with business sales partner in 2012 and then exceeded that goal by 50% in 2013
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine; Board Certified November 2013
Hobbies/Interests: Population health management; longevity and wellness research; golf; family; bible study especially in relation to eschatology; personal growth and development; entrepreneurial endeavors.